At the request from one of my readers I decided to create a raw vegan recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls (that sure is a mouthful to say). I stored mine in the freezer for 1 hour before eating them, just because I prefer a chewier consistency. I never actually knew that it would be considered a dish of it’s own, I always assumed it was the cookies you would want to eat. But I have to admit that back in the day when I was basically the biggest cookie monster of all time, I certainly enjoyed eating the batter just as much as the finished cookies (perhaps even mor
If you want it to taste as authentic as possible I recommend you pick up some dark sugar-free vegan chocolate chips, but you can make your own as well according to this recipe. To make it 100% raw, use freshly made coconut butter (that way you will not have to melt it) and use raw almond butter. Skip the vanilla essence. The only negative side with this is that it will not be quite as hard as regular chocolate, and will slightly dissolve when stirring in with the cookie dough. Another option is to blend together dates, cacao powder and coconut butter, and place small drops on a baking sheet. Freeze this for at least 2 hours, and stir this in as your chocolate chips. I have not tried this for my self, but from experience with these ingredients, it should work. Play around with the recipe until you are satisfied!
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup oats (certified raw if necessary)
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup Homemade Sugar-free Chocolate, chopped into small chocolate “chips” (read paragraph above for options and tips on making this completely raw!)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Place the oats and cashews in a high-speed blender, and blend until you have a smooth flour. Add in the dates and vanilla extract, and resume to blending it until it reaches a dough-like consistency. You will know it is the right texture when it forms a ball that lets go of the edges of the container (see picture to the right). Stop blending when this happens!
- Scoop out the cookie dough and add it into a medium sized bowl. Add in the homemade chocolate chips and carefully stir this in. Take about a tablespoon of dough into the palm of your hand, and roll it around until it forms a small ball. Place this on a plate, and repeat until all the dough is spent. If the dough is a bit too sticky, do this with slightly damp hands.
- And voilà! Your Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls are ready to be eaten. If you want them to have a firmer consistency store them the freezer. If not, go ahead and place them in the fridge until they are going to be served.
Trust me when I say that they tasted a lot better than the pictures entails. I managed to delete the photos I took earlier during the daylight, so this will have to do for now. I hope you decide to try it out nonetheless, and I hope you enjoyed it!
Happe new year, and bye for now!
EDIT: I replaced the “unappealing” pictures of this for some of my No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls photos, due to it’s similarity to this dish.