Yikes. I have been so incredibly busy these last few days, giving me no time to upload a recipe before now. Still, I have made several new dishes over these days so I will upload them as soon as possible. This specific recipe was made completely spontaneous. I promised to bake some desserts for a friend’s birthday last saturday and I was set on making Raw Chocolate Truffles and Raw Vegan Brownies (ps: nobody could tell it was in fact completely raw), which I did. But after scrolling around for some dessert inspiration, I was immediately attracted to making some cookies as well.
This is by far not my first Cookie recipe, but it is really unique anyhow. It is incredibly delicious and rich, with the perfect combination of peanut and chocolate. It is not too thick making it cakeish, and honestly it just melts in your mouth. Add in the fact that it is completely guilt-free, made with only whole food ingredients. That means no sugar, syrup, flour, oil or artificial sweetener. What else could you want in a cookie?
Guilt-free Chunky Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 1 baking sheet of cookies
- 1 1/2 cup certified gluten-free oats
- 1 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup Homemade Coconut Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (creamy would work too)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- a pinch of maldon salt
- 3/4 cup dark vegan chocolate chips/chopped vegan chocolate (to keep it clean, try to find a sugar-free brand and 70%+ dark)
1. Place the oats into a food processor and pulse until you have a fine flour. This is easier to do in a high-speed blender, but I use the food processor because it is what is used later in the following steps.
2. Add all remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips in with the oat flour (into the food processor), and process until you have a firm and somewhat sticky dough. Scoop the dough into a large bowl.
3. Carefully knead the chocolate chips/chopped chocolate into the dough using clean hands. The dough is very dense so it will have to be done by hand.
4. Take a piece of dough (about 2-4 tbsp pr. cookie) into your hands and roll it around until you have a firm ball. Place this on a baking sheet and repeat until all the dough is used. Then press down on the balls using your palms, forming thick cookies. Repeat.
5. Place the tray into a preheated oven at 190 degrees Celsius/375 degrees Fahreneheit for 15 minutes, or until they have turned a golden brown. Take the tray out and allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes. If you have the time and let them rest for 20 minutes it tastes even better. These will keep in an airtight container for up to a week or so.
Eat with a tall glass of Homemade Dairy-free Milk and enjoy!