- Food Gallery
- Recipe Index
- Side Dishes
- Vegan Living
- Why Vegan?
This quick recipe for homemade ketchup is not only completely vegan, but also gluten-free and healthy. Unlike typical store-bought ketchup, it does not have any sugar in it nor oils. It is quickly made, put together in less than 10 minutes, and can be used in any recipe that calls for ketchup 1:1. Make sure to read the labels on all the ingredients to make sure it does not contain any animal products or sugar, and preferably no added salt as well. Provided you store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator it will hold nicely for at least 2 weeks, perhaps even longer!
Ingredients, makes about 2 cups:
- 1 cup tomato puree (preferably salt-free)
- 1/2 cup vegan vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp homemade hummus (optional)
- 1 tsp homemade almond butter (if you have a nut allergy you can skip this)
- a pinch of maldon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl, and using a hand blender puree the mixture until completely smooth. If you do not have a hand blender you can use a regular blender or food processor as well. If needed you can add in more of the seasoning I used, or whatever you think would fit. The sky is the limit!
I hope you enjoyed this super quick recipe, and let me know how you liked it!
Welcome To My Blog!Hi there, and welcome to my blog. My name is Solveig Berg Vollan, and I am a 18 year old girl from Norway. On this site I post my own recipes, all of which are vegan, gluten-free and completely healthy! Not sure what to make first? Look through my Food Gallery or browse through the Recipe Index above. If you wish to know more about me, feel free to check out my About page, and be sure to join me on Facebook!