- Food Gallery
- Recipe Index
- Side Dishes
- Vegan Living
- Why Vegan?
I decided to give this sauce a post for itself, because it is used so frequently in my recipes. This can be used whenever a recipe calls for white sauce and/or cheese, simply by regulating the amount of soy milk you use. I use it for anything from moussaka to mac n’ cheese, and using this sauce you can easily turn any of your own recipes vegan.
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk (or other plant-based milk)
- 300g firm & silken organic tofu
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp tahini or cashew butter (optional)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor/blender and blend until completely smooth. Depending on what your purpose for the sauce is, use either 2 or 2 1/2 cups of the milk. For casseroles, mac n’ cheese, etc, I usually use 2 1/2 cup, but when the sauce are supposed to be thicker I stick with 2 cups. If you want it to thicken slightly before adding it to whatever dish you are making, you can lightly heat it while stirring until desired consistency.
Then you just add it to the dish according to the recipe.
Recipes on this post in order of appearance:
Welcome To My Blog!Hi there, and welcome to my blog. My name is Solveig Berg Vollan, and I am a 18 year old girl from Norway. On this site I post my own recipes, all of which are vegan, gluten-free and completely healthy! Not sure what to make first? Look through my Food Gallery or browse through the Recipe Index above. If you wish to know more about me, feel free to check out my About page, and be sure to join me on Facebook!